Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fun Friday

A couple weekends ago, my best friend K came to stay with our family for the weekend. It was extremely fun! The first thing my Grandpa said when we pulled up (from a 2 hour drive) was to put some gloves on and get to work. We were to pull up bushes, trim trees, etc...until the front strip was clear of all that debris. I was regretting my decision to invite K but soon realized she was happy to help and we had a great time getting it done. There was a ton of laughter, hitting each other with branches, and muscle-building going on while filling up the huge dumpster. K even got into the dumpster to crush things down--she's a trooper! Although we didn't completely finish in the end, it still looked good. 

After we got cleaned up, my Dad treated us to Red Robin for dinner. K had never been so we had to (it's one of our fam's favorites), we had no choice, ha ha. We were so stuffed I swear we were waddling home! The following morning it was back outside to take down the big cherry tree in the front. A good two hours and hard work brought it finally tumbling down. Grandpa VS. Cherry Tree, it was quite a sight. 

Overall, a busy, tire-ding but fun weekend. Now just looking forward to Spring Break!

"My Heart Will Go On" M & J's rendition






K & her gorgeous hair













Video of tree coming down: "Timber!"

No comments:

Post a Comment