Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Favorite

I have recently started a Food Management course and every week there is a new "challenge". Even if I've already done most of these "challenges" multiple times, I realize that some ladies in the class have not. Therefore, I must be patient and just enjoy collecting new recipes. The first few included homemade/from scratch: bread, dip/sauce, chicken noodle soup, roasting vegetables, etc...This weeks was any cookie (but it had to be a recipe we had never made before). Of course, Pinterest was my go-to for this recipe. I really enjoyed making these cookies, I even made them again to pass out to my Visiting-Teaching ladies and my sister down the street. All in all, one of the best cookie recipes I've ever made AND tasted. 

Soft-batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies (SC^5):
--1/2 C. Butter, softened
--1/4 C. Cream Cheese, softened
--3/4 C. Brown Sugar
--1/4 C. Sugar
--1 lg. Egg
--2 tsp. Vanilla
--2-1/4 C. Flour
--2 tsp. Cornstarch
--1 tsp. Baking Soda
--1/4 tsp. Salt
--2 C. Chocolate Chips (I prefer semi-sweet)

1. In a large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, vanilla & beat with electric mixer 5-7 minutes or until evenly combined. 
2. Stop, scrape down sides of bowl & add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and mix just to combine. (1-2 mins)
3. Add chocolate chips & fold into batter. 
4. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes for a firmer dough and less spreading in the oven. 
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. and spoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes.
6. Allow 7-10 minutes for cooling. 
YIELDS: 3 dozen cookies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment