Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Utah's Hogle Zoo

Well, the summer has flown by without informing me first, so getting back into the swing of school and everything else has just kind of slapped me in the face. It's hard to believe how busy one can be, but at the same time, it's always good to take a break and just chill. In my case, this means getting together with old friends and going on adventures. Today's adventure was with my bestie, L, who I met and instantly connected with at Brighton LDS Girls Camp. She is freaking adorable and always cheers me up, whether it is her contagious smile, goofy stories or even her music selection in the car as we go places. For this particular adventure, we drove in the morning to Utah's Hogle Zoo and it was beautiful! Since it was earlier in the morning, we were practically the only people there so we were able to go anywhere, do anything, without the normal hustle and bustle. We saw the gorillas and we even talked to the trainer-lady and she told us more about them. We saw a sea lion and seal show, but were definitely bummed to not be able to go to the bird show, normally the best part of the zoo. Oh well :( Basically we just walked, talked, saw some amazing (and even funny looking) animals and had a grand time. The zoo was so lush and green and there were so many unique birds flying around. I love love love nature and animals so I was in my element. After a quick bite to eat, I had to get back home to get to work, but this mini vacation was much-needed and thoroughly enjoyed! Had such a grand time that half the time I forgot to take pictures but here's some L sent to me. Enjoy.
Since I couldn't pose with a real lion....
I think she does ladies and gentlemen, at least with the female...


No comments:

Post a Comment