Thursday, November 21, 2013

Another Inspiring Thought

Ok, let's be honest right here; since I LOVE Institute, I will be blogging frequently about my class. Today's lesson was on obedience and the importance thereof. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to my teacher and other students tell of times when they were unsure of a decision. We started the discussion on priorities & obedience with the scripture Doctrine & Covenants 124:49. It reads, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, that when I give a commandment to any of the sons of men to do a work unto my name, and those sons of men go with all their might and with all they have to perform that work, and cease not their diligence, and their enemies come upon them and hinder them from performing that work, behold, it behooveth me to require that work no more at the hands of those sons of men, but to accept of their offerings."*
This brought to mind the Primary song, "Nephi's Courage", very simply sung, but contains deep meaning. The Lord will always provide a way for us to keep His commandments and do what He has asked of us. This principle is taught through 1 Nephi 3:7 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."*
We need to try our best to stay close to Him and his teachings, as this will benefit us the most. God is a god of happiness; Whatever he asks us to do WILL end with us being happier than we ever were before. As Bro. B stated, "The Lord will always understand your disobedience, but will only reward obedience. No matter how many times you listen to or write promptings/commandments down, if you don't apply them, they won't be effective in helping you."
To wrap all this up: eliminate excuses and be dependable! Less talk, more action! Practice what you preach! And last of all, hoorah for Israel!
*All scriptures and quotes from LDS Authorities can be found at http://www.lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment