Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sugarless Fruit Smoothie

Being down at college has made me realize how rare a good recipe is; let alone how rare a good home-cooked meal is. But, after some time of looking for healthy, but quick recipes for smoothies, I have only found a few. My favorite being one I made up myself. I think this fruity sugarless smoothie is pretty much me and K's favorite splurge item now.
Recipe:
1 can peaches, drained.
1 can chunk pineapple, with juice.
2 large bananas, sliced.
4 ice cubes.
Blend altogether, but not too much. If too runny, add more ice and don't blend that much.

Yields: 4 servings.
Disclaimer: Since there is no sugar, some might find this a little sour. You may add sugar as you please, but that is not the way I make it. Also, if you add the peach juice, it is likely to be more runny and more bitter.
When we are super busy with homework and such, this is the perfect replacement for dinner. It blends quickly, as well as fills the belly fast. The ingredients are also not terribly expensive (I try and buy three smoothies worth when I get them). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment